As an athlete, you are aware of the toll physical activity can take on your body. Our sports rehab treatments can decrease inflammation, enhance tissue healing, and extend joint health.
We work with athletes of all ages and all sports. We offer sports-specific rehabilitation by experts who are familiar with (and often play) your sport and can identify the needs that are critical to your recovery.
Our team of sports medicine specialists provide:
- Comprehensive injury assessment to investigate the cause of injury (such as trauma, poor mechanics, overuse), review past medical history and discuss personal training goals
- Development of an evidence based therapy program that includes exercises to restore function, improve mobility, recover from concussions, relieve pain and prevent or limit physical disabilities
- Coordination of your in-depth therapy sessions with any of your other training activities to avoid over training and reduce the risk of re-injury
- Monitoring and adjusting of your personalized plan, as needed, to meet your performance goals
- Assist with taping, bracing, inserts and other sports-specific equipment
Who is Sports Rehabilitation For?
Our staff treats the full range of orthopaedic problems, including:
- Exercise-related or sports injuries
- Back and neck pain
- Foot and ankle injuries/problems
- Knee and hip injuries/problems
- Shoulder and elbow injuries/problems
- Work-related injuries
- Sports physical therapy and athletic trainers provide expertise that allows you to resume your pre-injury fitness program
How Long does it Take?
The length of rehabilitation varies based on each individuals needs and progress. There can be various phases of rehabilitation that vary. Factors that influence the length of time in rehabilitation include:
- Level and type of injury
- Cause of injury
- Type and degree of any resulting impairments
- Wound healing and pain management
- Progress towards functional goals